Before you start working on your software from blank, try:
$ git init
A simple command like
git init can help greatly before you start your software development. No matter how big or small your project or simple application can be, it helps just to initialize your folder for version control. As your proceed to develop your application from scratch, practise version controlling best practices and you will find the process to be short, sweet and easy.
Have you noticed that Packfire’s files are currently marked with the version
1.0-sofia in the PHPDoc @since tag? Ever wondered what sofia means?
Well we have replaced the traditional versioning stage names to ladies’ names with different one indicating the different status of the file version:
- sofia - early development
- elenor - alpha development and testing
- rinoa - beta testing (female protagonist from FF8)
- faith - issue fixing (have faith in your code fixing!)
- belle - stable release
- helena - deprecated (song of the same name by My Chemical Romance)
1.0-sofia means that the PHP framework is in 1.0 Early Development phase.